INTERESTED IN TAKING PART IN A UNIQUE DIVERSITY AND CITIZENSHIP THEMED EXCHANGE?
EXPERIENCES CANADA HAS PARTNERED WITH THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF IMMIGRATIONAT PIER 21 TO OFFER A TRULY MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!
- The first half of this exchange will take place during the month of May in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Participants will explore the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 and discuss related-themes that apply to their own lives/communities.
- Youth will visit specific sites around the city and throughout the province where they will learn first-hand how different organizations work to address these issues with respect and dignity.
- Participants will take part in a wrap-up discussion reflecting on what they learned and experienced in Halifax and implementing an action plan for an event or activity that they could undertake during the second half of their exchange.
- In the months that pass between travel periods, the groups will carry on virtually, exploring this dialogue with a blog or vlog!
- Participants will explore the twin group’s community and put their plan in action! THINK: celebrating diversity through a community arts exposition, taking cooking classes and learning about different cuisines, volunteering at an immigrant resettlement centre or teaching English/French to newcomers.
- In addition to regular Experiences Canada support for travel expenses to and from each other’s communities, additional funding to support many of the added costs of in-community programming and the development and execution of the local diversity projects is being provided with the generous support of GREAT-WEST LIFE.
WHY TRAVEL WITH EXPERIENCES CANADA?
- Canada is a cultural mosaic, rich in regional diversity. By exploring another community, youth strengthen their second language, develop cultural awareness, break down social barriers and improve self-confidence. For 80 years, Experiences Canada has worked with schools and community groups to provide educational exchanges, trips and forums for Canadian youth between the ages of 12 and 17, over 370,000 youth have benefited from our programming.
- All travel arrangements are made for you;
- You will have toll-free telephone service and 24/7 emergency support;
- Resources to help you plan (in print and online) will guide you step-by-step;
- Group accident insurance coverage is included in initial registration fee.
Do you know someone who would like to be the group organizer for an exchange?