Experiences Canada cares about the opinions and ideas of young Canadians like you! The Experiences Canada Youth Advisory Committee, otherwise known as “The YAC”, is made up of youth from across Canada who provide Experiences Canada with recommendations to improve and develop our youth learning programs.
WHO CAN JOIN? YOU CAN, IF YOU:
- Have participated in an Experiences Canada exchange within the last 3 years;
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17;
- Have been recommended for participation by your school or community group.
- Have your opinions heard and help improve the future of exchanges;
- Travel to Ottawa for an annual face-to-face committee meeting;
- Visit Parliament Hill and possibly meet Members of Parliament.
WHAT DO MEMBERS OF “THE YAC” DO?
- Work on initiatives and projects determined by the Committee
- Participate in media and public relations associated with their committee participation
- Participate in teleconferences throughout the year
- Travel to Ottawa once a year
- Agree to be on the committee for two years (from June to June)
Members of the committee are selected in May. Membership in the committee runs from June until June two years later.