Communications Coordinator/Graphic Designer
About Experiences Canada
Experiences Canada is a national charitable organization dedicated to facilitating transformational youth travel and exchanges for 5,000 young Canadians and their chaperones each year.
Experiences Canada`s educational programs provide Canadian youth with unique opportunities to discover Canada’s diversity of language, history, culture, and heritage through shared experiences with other Canadians —youth participants, host families, and their broader communities)
We are currently seeking a web-saavy graphic designer to lead the planning, design and production of internal and external communications products for the organization as well as support the overall goals and objectives for our communications strategy.
This individual will be part of a two-person communications team and will be responsible for overall brand management for the organization, and leading the design and execution of its major communications products including its digital newsletters, website, annual report, training materials and fundraising and program recruitment materials.
Excellent interpersonal skills, technical proficiency in the MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign WordPress and the ability to learn new software is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for overall brand management: ensuring consistent use across all media and materials; monitoring permissions and use of logos by partners
- Participates in the planning, design and layout of internal communications product, ie training manuals, program guides, fact sheets
- Participates in the planning, design and layout of marketing products, ie recruitment brochures, media kits, sponsorship brochures, power point presentations
- Responsible for overall look and feel of the website – preparing and posting regular updates, based on content schedule
- Provides layout and design for the organization’s quarterly e-newsletter
- Creates shareables and other graphics for Social Media (FB, Twitter, Instagram)
- Oversee multi-media productions ie AGM presentation, videos for training, website as required
- Participates in the annual planning cycle to strengthen communications plan and identify opportunities to improve marketing efforts
- Relevant degree from technical college or university
- Experience with graphic design, web design, video/audio capture and editing, photography, and print production.
- Experience in simultaneously coordinating multiple projects with various deadlines, clients and across teams
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- Bilingual proficiency (French/English) a definite asset
Qualities and Attributes
- Strong work ethic
- Love of design
- Attention to detail
- A good eye for selecting photographs and illustrations
- Strategic thinker
- Takes constructive criticism and provide alternate solutions when needed
- Works independently and in a team environment
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year plus comprehensive health, insurance, and pension benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your design portfolio to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be given a small design project (for pay) as part of our final evaluation process.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.