Canada is a cultural mosaic, rich in regional diversity. By exploring another community, youth strengthen their second language, develop cultural awareness, break down social barriers and improve self-confidence. Youth Exchanges Canada facilitates enriching educational exchanges that enhance learning and give participants an experience that lasts a lifetime. Join the 5,000 youth who participate in the Experiences Canada youth exchange program each year.
WHY EXCHANGE WITH Experiences Canada?
- Travel is free! Costs are funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage;
- Exchanges are designed to fit your schedule;
- All travel arrangements are made for you;
- Your group will be twinned with an exchange group whose criteria (size of group, age of participants, objectives, etc.) match yours;
- You will have toll-free telephone service and 24/7 emergency support;
- A detailed Group Organizer’s handbook (in print and online) will guide you step-by-step;
- An Experiences Canada representative will work with you to help plan and implement your exchange and provide full logistical support;
- Your group will receive souvenirs, such as ear buds, bags and luggage tags;
- We provide group accident insurance coverage.
COSTS OF AN EXCHANGE
- Participants pay only for the elective activities. These expenses are frequently offset by fundraising activities.
- A membership fee of $100 per group is required upon application. Upon confirmation of an exchange, a registration fee per exchange participant is applicable.
- Circumstantial financial assistance is available so the experience is accessible to all.
WHO CAN APPLY?
School groups and community groups (e.g. sports teams, girl guides, cadets, bands, choirs, etc.) with youth, ages 12 to 17.
HOW DO YOU PLAN AN EXCHANGE?