COMING SOON! A CANADA 150 SIGNATURE INITIATIVE:
CELEBRATE CANADA’S 150th BIRTHDAY WITH THIS UNIQUE EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITY!
- Experiences Canada 150&Me will provide hundreds of youth with an opportunity to travel and explore this country in ways they might never otherwise discover it. For thousands more, they will be given an unprecedented voice to speak to their peers, and to Canadians, about the country they want for their generation.
- This exciting youth-led project will leverage our existing youth exchange networks to create a unique multi-destination exchange and series of forums for young Canadians that will travel coast-to-coast over a two-month period.
- The themes and topics for the Forums and week-long activities will be decided by the youth themselves. To apply, thousands of youth between the ages of 14-19 will be asked to express to us: what is Canada’s greatest challenge or opportunity of your generation?
Using whatever medium they choose, art, music, writing, or digital recording to answer this question.
- Over 8 weeks, 4 Regional forums propose to bring together thousands of like-minded youth to talk about the issues they care about most in different communities all across Canada. Over a full week they will honour the past through historical and cultural visits; engage with the present through community service activities; as well as imagine their future by talking with one another and inspirational leaders working in the field today.
- All of the regional forums will be live streamed and will involve local schools and youth groups in the live audience. The total potential number of youth involved in at least one aspect of the program is estimated at over 10,000.
- From these regional events, a further 150 outstanding youth will be selected to travel to Ottawa for one week to present their collective findings to a National Forum of government and business leaders AND to participate as community volunteers in Ottawa 2017 celebrations!
- 150&Me will bring together Canada’s most passionate young Canadians, building their confidence and skills that will help them to become stronger, more engaged citizens in the future.
- Details on the launch of this exciting new project: June 2016
For more information contact:
Walter Willett – Experiences Canada 150&Me Project Director
Why Travel with Experiences Canada?
- All travel arrangements are made for you;
- You will have toll-free telephone service and 24/7 emergency support;
- Resources to help you plan (in print and online) will guide you step-by-step;
- Group accident insurance coverage is included in initial registration fee.
Canada is a cultural mosaic, rich in regional diversity. By exploring another community, youth strengthen their second language, develop cultural awareness, break down social barriers and improve self-confidence. For nearly 80 years, Experiences Canada has worked with schools and community groups to provide educational exchanges, trips and forums for Canadian youth between the ages of 12 and 17, over 360,000 youth have benefited from our programming.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE THE GROUP ORGANIZER FOR AN EXCHANGE?
More Details coming soon!